The Greensboro Partnership was formed in 2005 from the merger of Greensboro Economic Development Alliance, Action Greensboro, and the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce. The mission of the Partnership is to serve as the principal economic and community development organization in Greensboro and to strategically develop a vibrant community that creates, expands and attracts business while advancing the quality of life for all. The work of the Partnership is guided by a comprehensive strategic plan that focuses on:
- Developing high-growth entrepreneurial business
- Enhancing community development & building community spirit
- Targeting industry clusters
- Capitalizing on colleges & universities
- Ensuring development-ready sites
- Enhancing government relations with all levels of government
This plan guides our work to increase the amount of capital investment in Greensboro and Guilford County and helps us to leverage the creation of high technology, high wage jobs. We accomplish our mission not only through traditional business recruitment and expansion services, business networking, and advocacy, but also through making Greensboro a more livable, culturally diverse place.